Clockk is a Software-as-a-Service startup located in Halifax NS. Our product is an automated time tracking and recording tool, used by professional services companies including digital marketers, graphic designers, and software developers.
As Clockk’s Digital Marketer Intern you’ll be an essential member of the team, responsible for developing and executing customer acquisition initiatives including content strategy, email marketing, and influencer marketing efforts. Together with the CEO, you will have the freedom - and the expectation - to explore new channels and tactics to push Clockk’s growth initiatives to new levels.
Through Clockk and our membership as a resident company at Volta Labs, Atlantic Canada’s premier startup incubator, you will have access to programming tailored to workers at high-growth technology start-ups. Our own network will also give you access to experienced mentors in fields such as social media influencing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and other forms of demand generation. Regular events at Volta will give you many opportunities to learn networking. You will have the ability to discover and explore your passion in marketing and the digital economy.
You will gain financial literacy both by learning how our customers — professional services companies — deliver value and bill for their work, as well as through Clockk’s financial transparency.
Although you will be working as part of a team, you will have significant autonomy to set your own goals and time management plan. As a small startup, every employee is expected to be self-motivated and able to persevere toward their goals.
This position is in Halifax NS and will extend from September 27, 2021 to March 25, 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Video pre-production, filming, editing, and post-production: As part of your content creation responsibilities, you will be fully involved in writing scripts, staging, lighting, filming, editing and distributing our video content pieces through YouTube, Tiktok, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Blog content creation and distribution: You will create and distribute content on the internet, in the form of blog posts, videos, memes and more. You will be responsible for monitoring a variety of online channels, engaging with members of the community, and distributing the content you and your team are creating.
- Identifying and connecting with channel partners: Clockk’s growth strategy depends on identifying and collaborating with channel partners. You, along with the CEO, will be heavily involved in this process.
- Social media influencing: You will be active every day on social media (particularly Twitter), engaging with communities of potential users, connecting with podcasters, bloggers, etc., and presenting the Clockk brand and its content to those communities.
- Customer success: You will engage with Clockk’s customers to learn their stories, write their testimonials and case studies. You will use the knowledge you gain from working with our growing customer base to inform our marketing strategy to find more customers like them.
Knowledge and Skills
We are looking for a person with the following characteristics:
- You are a natural experimenter and troubleshooter. Given a situation where something isn’t working or isn’t working well, you’ll break it down, change something, test, and see if performance has improved.
- You love to learn. Whether new software, a new process, or a new responsibility, you enjoy the opportunity and take the initiative to learn everything you need to be successful.
- You’re very comfortable using spreadsheets to express and explore problems.
- You embrace new technologies.
- You are an excellent writer.
Familiarity with the following technologies will be considered an asset:
- Marketing automation and customer engagement tools such as Mailchimp and Intercom
- Analytics tools such as Segment, Mixpanel, and Google Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management software
Education & Eligibility
As this is a position funded by the federal government, several eligibility criteria apply:
- You have completed a university degree or college diploma. Applicants from non-business/commerce backgrounds are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to apply.
- You are between the ages of 15-30 (inclusive) at the start of the internship.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- You are underemployed (employed below your level of education, work part time, or are unemployed)
- You are available for work up to six months.
Salary will be between $20,000 and $30,000 for the 6-month internship, depending on skills and exact work dates.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and current c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter MUST include at least one paragraph specifically discussing why you think you’d be a good fit for Clockk.