Clockk.com Inc. is a startup that is making "smart" time sheets and time tracking. We are located in Halifax NS. This paid internship is from January to April 2021 and is located in Halifax NS but may be work-from-home depending on restrictions due to Covid-19.
We are looking for a junior developer who is passionate about building software for the web.
During the internship, the successful applicant will work on projects such as (depending on experience and skills):
- Developing extensions to connect Clockk to third-party Software-as-a-Service tools.
- Updating and modifying the implementation of our web site.
- Triaging and fixing bugs.
- Implementing internationalization (I18N) and localization (L10N) in Clockk.
- Building automated testing suites for our client- and server-side tools.
- Setting up CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment) systems.
- Documenting the public Clockk API.
The successful applicant will function primarily as a programmer but will have opportunities to interact with other facets of the business, including customer success, customer support, marketing, sales, and more.
The ideal candidate has many or all of the following skills (in order of importance):
- Experience developing or integrating with SaaS APIs.
- Familiarity with a Unix (Linux) command line interface for managing servers.
- Good or Excellent written and spoken English, in order to support customers effectively.
- Fluency or bilingualism in an additional language is an asset, to help internationalize and localize the software.
The tech stack at Clockk includes:
- Amazon Web Services
The candidate must be enrolled in full-time degree program in any discipline an accredited Canadian university.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume and cover letter MUST include at least one paragraph specifically discussing why you think you’d be a good fit for Clockk. During an interview, you will be asked about web projects you’ve worked on in your spare time.